Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Bachelorette Party Goodness

The bachelorette party went off without a hitch, all the stressing, fretting, freaking out and planning paid off. We started the day at a salon on Newbury St that I refuse to name because I didn't like them that much ;o) From there it was onto lunch and the start of festivities at the Ritz. Jenn and Court went early to set things up in the room (ice for the champagne and other important stuff) and then Holly, Christy, Kristina and I followed. For some reason I got put in charge of driving and directions. We made it to the Ritz, grabbed our giant box of penis cookies and headed up to the 10th floor, walking in like we owned the place. Sadly we were at the *wrong* Ritz, so when we were unable to find the right room number, we shuffled the party downstairs to try to get the car back from the valet and get directions to the right hotel, about 5 blocks away. The new Ritz was WAY better and our room totally kicked ass. The bathroom was big enough for all of us to be in there at once, which we did (because we could). As in all classy institutions, the toilet is segregated for the sanity of all.

I had a little brush with fame too. while waiting for the elevator I noticed the other guy waiting looked familiar. After racking my brain I figured out it was Artie from the Howard Stern show. I asked him to be sure and he confirmed. After that I completely ran out of things to say, I have no idea why. I don't think I was starstruck, but when else has anyone heard of me being quiet?? Anyway, it was enough for me. I didnt take his picture because he was tired and said he had just been on the road. I know that feeling and I didn't want to be obnoxious. It would have been nice to have proof though!

So after opening ceremonies and pregame, we headed out to the Cactus Club to meet with Holly's family for dinner and some drinks. Shenanigans began almost immediately, when someone in the crowd was peer pressured into tossing a pink feather boa onto a stuffed moose:

Luckily, only one staff member saw this and like all good apathetic employees, he just smiled and kept his mouth shut.

Well you can dress us up, and take us out, but looks can be deceiving...

Like Holly here: See how pretty and classy she looks? We all looked that nice...for about 20 minutes.





















As the night wore on, the class started rubbing off a bit. me ? Belligerent? noooooooo

I'm just being really enthusiastic!

Towards the end of the night, relations went downhill. I think Whitney Plousston sums it up nicely:
I think she's saying "why do we have to leave? only 6 of us have fallen, hardly any of us are hurt, and noones going to remember any of it in the morning!"













So it was back to the Ritz with us, where we talked more about the bigger issues in life,

Come morning, it was ugly: Not us, the room. Apparently during the late night shenanigans and multiple fallings down, wrestling matches, pig piles and other festivities, we trashed that place like rock stars. go us!!

No comments: