Monday, January 15, 2007

i ate it with some fava beans....an ode to cheese, and the people it makes me think of

today has been a good day. star got her stitches out, which was FREE (which was AWESOME), i went climbing and then i bought myself some delicious food, which i will eat over the next few days.

the highlight is probably that i bought myself a bunch of cheese, and discovered that various cheeses remind me of various people.

i bought some gouda, which reminds me of jenn, because she got wasted at the wine expo of 05 and announced she knew that a certain smoked gouda we tasted would make "a bomb grill cheese", and proceeded to buy a big block intending to go home and make one. i remember my first thought was that the cheese lady was about to faint at our obvious violation of the "spit out" thing you're "supposed" to do at upscale wine affairs. but honestly, i paid 65 bucks to get in, i want some wine and i'm not spitting it out! that make *no* sense to me. and so i swallowed. ha! shut up beavis!
my second thought was "jenn knows snacks. follow that drunk!" and so i bought a big block of the same gouda, because jenn knows what to do with some cheese, and if she says grilled cheese, i'm in. it was true too, which was fantastic. i made one that night with a delicious little bottle of malbec. yum.
(my third thought was that jenn eats sweetbreads, and is therefore also to be considered somewhat suspect in the dept of foodstuffs picking, because alot of stuff she eats is organs, and i do not eat organs. <-ha! anyway, i remembered she was good with cheese and i went for it)

i bought a big block of bleu cheese, fancy, which reminds me of mike. he had a giant bleu cheese at his house once, someone gave it to him for xmas. a cheese of the month club. awesome. my bleu cheese story is kind of lame after the gouda i guess, but that's who it makes me think of.

i *saw* but did not *buy* a bunch of nice brie. brie reminds me of my sister, because on christmas this year we cooked a big wheel of fancy brie with raspberry jelly and wrapped in fila dough and baked. when it came out of the oven, we sat in the kitchen and ate it. we didnt share, and we told everyone to get out of the kitchen because they were crowding and we were cooking. way too good for her inlaws! :-D


feta cheese reminds me of courtney (i didnt buy that either. then i would never poop, which interestingly also reminds me of courtney, and of little k and of my sister) i think the first time i had feta was on court's salad she made for slob dinner, which was a recipe passed down from bloody mary. involving tomatoes, feta, balsamic vinegar and basil if i remember correctly. delicious.

mozzarella reminds me of holly, she gets *down* with some mozzarella! and i like that about her. thanks to all my people who it's still fun to remember! it's so much easier to cruise through the adam thing with you all around, you are all proof positive that when it's right, it's right, and i'll know it. now, i'm off to make a grilled cheese.
WHATS UP!



Look, no stitches!! also, no hair on her left ass.

1 comment:

coulyn said...

Are you telling me that feta prevents you from pooping? If only I had known!!