Wednesday, January 17, 2007

remember that country song i talked about? this is the 2nd verse.

well add the car in now, officially.

my registration expired.
i brought the car to be inspected ($75) which has to happen before i can register is ($150) which has to happen because now i've gotten tickets for having it parked with expired tags ($80). apparently my plan of not driving the car until i can get it back on the road is not the one for me.
so. the car needs work ($200), which because i cried when the man said that (people shouldn't give me bad news - i don't like it) will cost only ($100), but i will have to do the work myself.

so, the grand total for this is....drum roll please....$400 USD, provided no other surprise fines await me at the registry.

and the dog is due to start rehab for her leg soon, but only no rehab places can take her. they are all booked out at least a month, because if your pet plans to get injured, you really need to plan for it.

i just spent 20 min hiding under the covers with the dog's bed with her, because so far today leaving the house has brought no good things upon me. in addition to the car:

i was at the hospital for work as of 6am this morning. i intended to do 2 things:
1)test the 4th and final fancy camera so we would be all ready to go for Friday. i like my shit confirmed early, with time for contingencies. ahahaha.
2)update SQL server on the test machine, so i could network a remote station into the database (which was not currently allowing this due to shoddy install work by a man who wore, in his own words "an infrastructure engineer hat" and also had horrible anger management problems).

i could tell a long story about this, and another one about the security thugs at the hospital but i wont. it was actually a funny story, but i'm too lazy to type it, and feeling a touch cynical so i don't want to taint it. suffice it to say that at 130 pm..a full 7.5 hours later, i am beginning a brand new install of windows server 2003 on the same machine that needs to have sql server 2005, all my software, and a crapload of fancy camera software suites installed on it and up and networked and also running a new web based product beta (untested version) stably by friday.

i'm currently 54% through the way of formatting the first of 2 150G partitions. and then there will be install. so if you need me, this is where i'll be. probably updating my rants tonight, lol.

this just in: my hero ichiro is going to send me some talk shows to listen to. so it will be like im with people. and if i talk to some people online, then it's almost like i have a life right? lol. i'm kidding. lives are overrated sometimes and right now i'm focusing solely on myself (including doing a kick ass job and getting a promotion and a raise and learning a bunch of stuff). i'm high maintenance and i've been neglected. i'm playing catch up is all.

i am not running today. or climbing. i am not leaving the house, more specifically this chair except to eat and pee.

plus, my body is one big knot of pain right now. it hurts to open sodas or do anything at all related to using my hands, arms or body. and running has made me ache all over too. this is so sad. i know the first 2 weeks are going to be though and then my muscles will deal and all that. i can totally do this. but man...

No comments: