Tuesday, January 9, 2007

don't you hate it when your mother is right ?

So I was talking to my mom about the current events and she kept saying she was so relieved Adam and I were done, because he reminds her bad choices in men that she has made, and other random choice stuff that was generally unpleasant and irritating but then I realized we wouldn't be having this conversation if Adam hadn't bailed so I guess in the end she was sort of right. ugh. I will never tell her that though.

So that's that. Today is moving day, and hopefully he's able to get it all out so this can just be over with.

I'm feeling very refreshed after a chemically induced calm nights sleep- "holy crap" tip: if one has an empty stomach, probably half an Ambien will do. I damn near tipped over last night when it kicked in, good thing I had already carried the dog upstairs and gotten her settled in bed, there's no way I would have been able to do that after the Ambien kicked in. We would just have slept on the living room floor.
Star was a little restless sleeping because I've been cutting back her pain meds so I don't make her into a junkie, but I think I cut back a little too far. She woke me up at 330 this morning, rubbing her nasty sutures on my leg, what a sensation. (barf) I think tonight I won't give her the pain pill until closer to bedtime tonight. aaah, the science of animal drugging.

Today I am in the office (or what's left of it) working with the extremely talented Pat Saine. He's a pretty renowned Ophthalmic Photographer, and takes some pretty good scenery photos too. Check him out:
http://www.pjsaine.com

It's pretty cool watching people work with what they're good at. I'm learning lots and realizing how much I don't know, which is always good for you.

All in all, I'm thankful all this stuff is happening in my life at once. The dog being laid up and this Adam stuff all coincide nicely with a crush of things going on at work, so I have plenty of distractions, and don't have to feel guilty about not having as much time as I want to run the dog around. Go me, finding the silver lining and all that shit.

Furthermore, look at my idea of xmas decorating. Clearly cupcake and I were not even close to being meant to be.

2 comments:

The Great Explorer said...

My mom's always right, she spanked it into us when we were young and impressionable. You are a far better daughter than I. When my mom says shit like that I always ask her where she was when she first started thinking that way. All she'd have to do is bring it up in front of us both to get me scared and hyper analyzing the relationship and looking for a fight.

coulyn said...

I think your christmas decorating is lovely.