Sunday, January 21, 2007

it's curtains for me!

This is what I did this weekend. These curtains were a total emotional rollercoaster for me, lol. I had the red material for a while now, but I didn't have enough for the living room window and door. Anyway, I knew home dec stuff was on sale at JoAnn's fabric so I went to get material for the curtains I'm making my sister.

so I found this very complimentary green material, which was supposed to be $30/yd, and it was a 2.5 yd remnant, so I was going to get it for half price, about 30 bucks total. When I got to the register, it was on half price so I got it for $13 total. I was pretty psyched, it seemed like a good sign.

So I worked on the curtains for about 5 hours saturday. I hung them at the end of the 5 hours and was completly bullshit to see I had totally fucked them up and they were all crooked. And it was super noticeable too, the line between green and red was diagonal. I was pissed, so I put it all aside and went to bed.

I woke up fresh today and had another go at it, this time using my tape measure. What a change! here is the finished product:


The curtains closed, protecting me from the wind. and saving me money.



this is how the curtains are being kept open so I don't rot from lack of sunlight all day.
That's a dog collar holding the curtain together.


The rest of today was sort of blah'ed away. After I finished the curtains I climbed into the dog bed and took a 2 hour nap, which was awesome. Then I packed up a bunch of books I didn't want anymore and walked over to the book thing. Man, I wish I had my camera with me, it was *beautiful* out. It was all gray and snowing, and just gorgeous. I did manage to pop a few pics off with my phone.


here is a brick wall I walked by. I just liked all the contrast in colors;

No comments: