Monday, January 8, 2007

my life is becoming a country song, one verse at a time

so yesterday, adam rocked my world again. BY MOVING OUT WHILE I WAS AWAY FOR XMAS!

yes, i came home from 7 hours on the road with my post-op dog, after a hellacious week/holiday to find that my prince of a man had decided we were dunzo and bailed...conveniently forgetting to mention this factoid to me any of the times we talked last week, and even yesterday while i was on the road.

it's cool though, he wants to be friends. isn't that what friends do? walk out on each other with no warning or heads up or anything like that? no? oh. man, someone should tell him that. i'm sure he thought it was the best way to handle the situation. ha!


anyhoo, for those of you who got me through the night by listening to me sob and telling me im better than him, i thank you. today, all is looking up.

1)work is stepping up and saving me from having to get a roommate. i hate strangers, especially in my house.
2)my dr gave me some ambien. apparently this is par for the course when someone asks you how your day is and you burst into tears. she rightly concluded i'm not sleeping well and offered me help. aaaah.

tonight when i finish work i will conclude the sanitization process, fully erasing all traces of adam from the place. this includes but is not limited to:
-throwing some of his stuff away
-breaking some of it
-possible small fires, to be contained in the backyard.

ok, those are all lies. i could never bear to let a man drive me to those things. especially not such a chicken shit. it's liberating really; in that one move he made, he let me know i'm not much to him and he needn't be much to me. anyone who is worth crying over will never make you cry, says me.

but i am going around tonight and undoing EVERY last compromise i made on where i want things, how i like things, and i may or may not even get real crazy and move the furniture around. there is no telling what i can do!!!

so the dog is psyched, b/c she's back in the big bed where she belongs. last night her surgery paid for itself and i was reminded why i was willing to go through so much to keep her.


so that's that. onward and upward. and good riddance.

2 comments:

Ichiro A said...

Sorry :( It's tough start to a new year but think of it as "getting all the bad shit out of the way early"... nothing but fun and good for the rest of the year!!! If you get a pickup truck and a jukebox you ARE in a country music video! ;) HI STAR!

The Great Explorer said...

Put the things on your porch after posting them on CL, send him the link and see who gets there first. Blog it. (: