Thursday, January 25, 2007

OH MY GOD I HAVE A "THING" IN MY EYE

ok, so anyone who knows me probably already knows I'm a minor hypochondriac. If I read a book about a disease I immediately start manifesting symptoms. I've been checked out for lupus like 5 times because in high school my dad got me this book "Our bodies our selves" (which is awesome by the way, especially if you're a single man raising a teenage daughter and you don't want to actually discuss sex and ovaries but want to make sure she knows about all that stuff). Every time I read that part, I *know* I have lupus. I even put asterisks next to all the symptoms I have, so it would seem not so ridiculous when I went to get tested (boy that that backfire!)

Anyhow. So in doing more camera testing for work I got my eyes dilated again yesterday and took some Red Free (black and white) pictures. Check it out:



Groovy huh? Anyhow, so then the technician looking at the pictures says "oh!" and I said :"oh!"???? "OH!"???? WHAT?!

I apparently have a twisted blood vessel section, which he said is "cool" and is "as unique as a fingerprint". cool? well let's just see about that shall we? Here is a close up:


So there it be, my little roadblock on the highway of life. It is actually kind of cool to look at, but would be way cooler if it were someone else's. He gave me a brief rundown of the kinds of problems it might ever cause, and symptoms, and told me to be aware and remember to tell people about it if I ever start losing my peripheral sight, but said it will probably not amount to anything. He also showed me the spot in my vision that would be affected, so naturally now I'm always trying to decide if I can in fact see things in that spot or if I am compensating with my other eye.

I tried to warn him not to tell me things like this, but he just didn't listen. So now of course I'm already practicing feeling my way around the house: "just in case"

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

OH MY GOD!!! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!! Thanks a lot for compromising everyone's life with your fucking eyeball.