Monday, March 5, 2007

Finally, it's mine turn to harass someone.

Another day, another pin in my voodoo doll courtesy of the development team. It's times like this, the dev team begins to realize that they're lucky I'm perky because my natural penchant for disaster carries over into product testing, and I make things short circuit. Some days my irresistible shit eating grin totally carries me.

how can you hate on this?


So today I started day 1, take 2 of testing for the next release. Day 1, take 1 was the build they sent me to test Friday- I broke it so much it was rejected out of hand within 10 minutes, and sent back to them after an additional 40 to be sure. When I reject something, I like to send it packing with a list so extensive that the recipient decides that the only thing involving more work than fixing everything on the list is to come talk to me and hear the parts I didn't write down. I find it keeps people from challenging me, mostly because they don't want to have to deal with me.

Today they gave me the "no seriously, it's fixed" build, and I just popped a cap in the ass of .net 2.0 - 6 consecutive times. and I could do it again if I wanted to. My instrument of destruction? The new, improved build and one impromptu keystroke where noone was expecting it. For my next trick I am going to try to BSOD. That's right, I'm bringing down the house.


Maybe someone should warn them (Ichiro?) that I like to play the game "I wonder what would happen if I...?" The dev team tries so hard to test all the things one would reasonably do. Who are they kidding?

Fools, don't you know Ima? I'ma push every one of them damn buttons at least 5 times son, so don't SEND me shit that doesn't work!

Honestly, this is like the nerd olympics, or nerd rambo or something. It's me against them. Rambo's a bit much, especially this crew. Maybe like nerd Mental Paintball ?

Later I'm going to spin a little yarn about me, the dog, and some surgery. Check back!

1 comment:

Ichiro A said...

LOL Nice... "Shit! Kerry is testing our software... uggh another 48hr run. Who does she think she is? Apple??"