Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Someone call the Wah-mbulance!

Did you ever have one of those days, where you don't want to get out of bed, don't want to work, don't want to do anything but maybe faff about in a park or nap? Well, that's pretty much every day for me, but today feels particularly bad. I don't know if it's the weather lately or what but I am *struggling* to make it through the days. I'm beat (not from anything good today piggies), I have a cold(totally from something good), I'm whiny (in case you hadn't noticed) and I'm just irritated and lazy in general - well where work is concerned anyway.

For instance, I have a meeting in 10 minutes. I should be preparing, yet here I sit blogging away. Things like that. And then I have another meeting this afternoon, with a boring person I would rather avoid- I wonder what I'll do instead of preparing for that one. I noticed the bathroom is dirty, maybe I'll clean that up a bit. I'm contemplating calling him up with my new nasal pitch voice and asking for a reschedule but since I did that yesterday it would seem it may not be something I can use again so soon- although perhaps it is just a particularly virulent cold, no?

I keep thinking more coffee might help, but it never does so I didn't even bother with a second cup today- I'm starting to be afraid I'll be one of those people who can't get going without 2 cups and I already feel bad enough being that person who can't get going without one. And anyway, once I'm all wide awake I am only slightly more motivated, to do whatever the hell I want though - it totally doesn't help with the work thing. I just want to win the lottery and go on my happy way, in my airstream trailer, checking shit out, climbing rocks and camping, visiting folks and doing whatever I want. Are you sensing a theme here? lol

Running and climbing are coming right along. I realized I haven't been tracking my running here like I meant to but that's because I've taken my show on the road and I no longer have a mile counter thinger to tell me how much I'm running. I estimate that I'm doing roughly 30 minutes 3-5 times a week depending. It's starting to get fun again -man I missed endorphins!- so I'm hopeful that this time I will stick with it for a bit. I'm even going to treat myself to some new kicks today - my running shoes are from New Mexico and have definitely logged more than the recommended amount of miles so I think it's about that time.

Also coming right along in the fitness way is my work with the giant exercise ball of fun. This thing is awesome, and I think I may end up breaking a bone on it somehow. These would seem to be mutually exclusive statements but it's true! I've had some awesome mishaps on the thing, and I think I'm going to have to start asking people to watch because sometimes a fall is so spectacular that it ought to be witnessed. For instance the other day I was on it and because I am nothing more than a slightly evolved monkey, and monkeys love rubber balls, I began to just bounce around the house on it to see what I could do. All was going well until one particularly vigorous bounce, when I went up, saw the ball roll away, and came down. Hard. On my ass. Luckily nothing was hurt (not even my pride because that shit was funny), and I'm thinking this will eventually teach me either how to fall, or how to have reflexes and adapt. Life skills, go big ball!! Then last night I was hanging over the ball rolling it around under my back to stretch and at some point I must have rolled the thing over my ponytail, because when I went to get up off it, I damn near did a back flip but instead only made it halfway around, then the whole kit (and me) rolled over sideways. It's cool though, because once I was off the ball, my ponytail was free and the awkward part was over. This has to count as like combat training or something no? It feels like it's building character :-D

Artist's rendering of the incident

Maybe I'm under nourished? I haven't had the soup in a while, so I've got a pot on now but with being so lazy I haven't been cooking. I really hope it helps, I need a magic cure all right now.

Help people. Help. HELP!!!!!!

No comments: