Sunday, March 25, 2007

Working like a man should.

So today I attempted to pacify my neighbors by working to reduce the size of the rubble pile in front of the house. For those of you who don't remember, I had my pipes fixed and they never came back to remove the extra dirt and shit, so I've had a rather large poorly buried body looking thing going on out front of my house for a while now. I kind of liked it, I thought it lent an air of mystery, sort of like "it could be a person, and maybe I did it because they pissed me off so you should be nice to me", but my neighbors disagree and apparently they see it more as "an eyesore". They have been on me about it, and had finally progressed to talking about calling my landlord, so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and shut them up all in one fell swoop.

It was a good day's work and the neighbor's boyfriend helped me, which was interesting since he is about as bitter and inappropriate a person as I've met in a while so I got to hear lots of comments that trod the fine line between funny and horrifying. Mostly because he's not my BF I was able to see the humor in his random tirades against the androgynous fashion trends of kids these days (inspired by and discussed in front of one particularly offensive he/she as he/she walked by), his (low) opinion of the heroin chic look he sees so many girls sporting these days (again inspired by and discussed in front of an offender) and other big topics such as the president (Louis thinks hes an asshole), Hitler (Louis is not sure he's an asshole, because he's Jewish but self loathing so I think he has a little soft spot for the fuhrer, and I will spare you the inappropriate comments he made, but this was the one time I had to ask him to shut the fuck up) and of course I got to hear about the rocks in the rubble pile. See, apparently Louis has a deep seated rock hatred, because he decreed we had to pick all the rocks out of the rubble pile. He can not stand the sight of them or something, and they had to go. Thankfully, we had been given a wheelbarrow, which Louis and I filled with offensive rocky items and Louis rolled up and down the street to our local woods, dropping all of the rocks off somewhere. There were a lot of rocks. * A LOT * of rocks and Louis was frequently inspired to discourse on the amount of "fucking rock pieces of shit" throughout the day.

I finally called it quits at 5, because I just couldn't take it anymore. I was out of answers for all the people walking by asking what I was doing(answers included exhuming Houdini to see if he was in fact poisoned, making a fort, digging for gold, Louis was freaking out about the rocks, and I was sporting a sweet farmer's tan that needed to be addressed ASAP.

However, as a highlight to the day I did see a fully dressed storm trooper. yes you heard me correctly, a storm trooper. in his full getup. he wouldn't wait around for me to get my camera, so I will have to paint a picture with my words and you'll have to trust me.

not *the* storm trooper of Hampden, but a decent lookalike

1 comment:

coulyn said...

i love storm troopers!