Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Dude, I just totally ate gruel!

So I made a tasty lentil paste this morning (I told you I was going to do it!), with the idea of doing the same thing I did with the bean dip, which was spread it in a tortilla with some lettuce and have a walkabout meal for my day at nameless institution. It was pretty yummy and still hot though, so I decided to use it instead as a thickener for a bowl of chicken soup. So I just had a bowl of 4 day (new cutoff limit) old chicken soup, which was nice and thick and spicy because i put a big plop of lentil/spinach/jalapeno paste in it. It was stellar, a must try.

I've decided I need to get back in the habit of eating better. I took a little detour with last weekend's meat fest (what do you expect hanging out with men all weekend) but I think today I'm starting back on track. I even took the dog out for a walk like I'm supposed to. I'm on a roll.

Work motivation today, not so much. Well, I'm actually doing work, but avoiding going to my hopefully last day of patient photos. Why I'm putting it off is a mystery,(well not really I hate it there especially after yesterday and quite frankly I'm sick of the place) but one that I must get to the bottom of. I'm actually supposed to be there now. Well not supposed to be, but could be. I'm supposed to be there around 1130 due to my 10am meeting, but that got cancelled, and here I am...juuuuuuust hanging out, blogging.

Wanna see a picture of my cat? I finally managed to capture the little bastard on film, and I've been trying forever! He breaks into the dog food container and snacks on it all the time. Sometimes the dog will go stick her face in too, and everytime I hear him doing it he takes off before I can get the camera. I feel like I just filmed a documentary.

Notice the Felis Domesticus, snacking on the senior flavor small bits kibble of
Canine Familiaras

2 comments:

The Great Explorer said...

You should ask the magic eight ball what plan is best for the piano.

kerry said...

i tried, but it kept saying "ask again later" I think I've decided that the magic eight ball is on reserve for very important decisions like "should i run away and become an aid worker in a 3rd world country?" (outlook not good), "should I dump joe because he doesn't tongue kiss?" (most assuredly), and "should I eat this old chicken soup? Is it safe?" to which it said "concentrate and ask me again", but I couldn't concentrate so I just ate it. Most of us remember how that turned out.