Sunday, March 11, 2007

today is the first day of the rest of my life. or of spring,whatever

So it hit 60 yesterday and it's going to be there all week and I'm thrilled to bits.

Here's a quick picture of kitty, who has figured out how to spoon with star in any position he finds her in. He has adapted this skill because she is a hostile spooner, so he has to make do with what he can. Notice the look on her face. She hates him, but at the same time is too lazy to move or dislodge him in any way. Instead she just sits around looking pissed and heaving sighs.



First let me update you on my wild weekend thus far. Well, I had a decent number of events planned, but then decided Friday that it had been such a tense week, what with 1001 people being up in my grill and handing my ass to me by way of verbal assault that I might just like to stay in and chill, so I had a wild Friday night of cleaning the house, apartment dancing, walking the dog, reading and going to bed by 11. I woke up yesterday and finished out the cleaning I hadn't gotten to Friday (this house is CLEAN! amen), did a bunch of laundry then went climbing with hot neighbor. We climbed until 1 or so, then when I got home I planted my peas and carrots because it's that time of year. I spent the rest of yesterday sunning in the yard with my face in a book, and also cancelled my party plans for last night. I'm just tired lately and I feel like I really need to take a bit of time and get into a groove with exercise and eating and then once that's established I can worry about the rest. Once I'm feeling humanoid this morning (after coffee) I am packing up my bike and heading to check out some trails in Baltimore that I keep wanting to try.

Now these pictures are of the animals, from our wild weekend at home. Hopefully tonight I will have more pics of my bike ride from today. Supposedly the trail is gorgeous so I'm hoping to find stuff worth taking pics of.

here is a shot of Star ready to walk Friday night. The last cold night (we hope) of the season!


and then because I am super stylish, I noticed we matched. I tried to take a pic and it failed, so then it became the principle of the thing and I finally got one. Sort of.

blue fleece and blue fleece. we fancy.

Then, because you can never have enough junk shots, here is Kitty enjoying the long sun that's starting to come in through my windows. And here's his junk too


2 comments:

Ichiro A said...

:) I like happy blogs :)

Ichiro A said...
This comment has been removed by the author.