Saturday, March 3, 2007

Star for the people

So we made it out of our beautiful prison today, but not before the boys introduced me to breakfast from the local AC&T truckstop. good stuff, and perfect morning after food.

Here is one of the previously mentioned pictures of Star in front of the giant wall o' windows. Pretty sweet yard right?

Outside is where she wants to be, but we can't go there right now.


If you look closely at the background here you can see the stream out back.

worse pic of the dog, better view of the yard.


Then there was some redneck drama! The dogs from the neighboring property were "on their land again" and this is apparently a crisis in Hagerstown or something, because Eddie (Jake's roommate, owner of the lovely hostess dog Halle) got all nervous and Jake got all excited and grabbed a baseball bat and a golf club ran outside. I went out into the screen porch, because I *had* to see this close up. These 2 are pure guys, girls you know what I mean and the whole weekend thus far had been teetering on being a JackAss video. I wasn't about to miss the best part! Jake tried to hand me the golf club to come outside, but I politely declined, on grounds that I was not one of his homeboys and wasn't planning to taunt vicious dogs, and also on grounds that I was more likely to hurt myself than anything hostile so I would just observe from a safe point, and thirdly on the point that he hunts, and is obviously much more comfortable and into killing things than I am, and he could just have this one if he wanted it.

Eddie has apparently had bad encounters with one of the dogs, because he wouldn't come outside at all during this. He used his interior vantage point though, to spot for Jake and let him know where the dogs were since Jake couldn't see around all the trees etc. Once the dogs were located, both on the ground and from the home base, there commenced lots of yelling and bat/club waving. The dogs were run off and the perimeter was considered "secured" again and the boys celebrated and were generally very pleased with themselves.

They've been friends forever, and I'm pretty sure I just witnessed an updated version of them playing G.I. Joe, it was hysterical and my only regret is that I got so caught up in the excitement that I forgot to capture it for posterity.

So anyhow, cream puff and I hit the road where I noticed she had a boil like thing. She got tons of exercise this weekend, and I think either they left a stitch in and it's working it's way out, or she tore the scar tissue inside, which was healing to her bone. Anyhow, I forgot to get a before picture of it, but when we got home I got my M*A*S*H kit out and did a little "boil lancing"

Here's the patient recovering:
Here is my shiny doggy. Don't hate her because she's beautiful.

Here is a close up of the wound. It is gross.

Off to make soup and apply compresses to the patient. I'll get a close up if it pusses anymore!

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

I like the golf club approach when hunting. Seems a little more fair all around. Wild animals (and domestic dogs for that matter) can take quite the beating and come back for more. This gives the animal half a chance and if you end up having energy at the end of the beat session you could always play a couple rounds. I'm going to start my own golf club bear hunting group. It's going to be awesome.