Thursday, March 1, 2007

down came the rain....and then it stopped

So, I'm not sure who I've told this to or not, but for the past 2 weeks I've been on "sea shower" duty (wash the hairy parts and get out) because everytime I shower it rains in my living room.

This sucks, because I am a gratuitous water waster, I LOVE long showers. Especially after a hard day of climbing or whatever. So this has been very hard on me, what with my complete and utter lack of control and all.

So today was the big day, the plumber was coming. I was a little afraid that the solution was going to be expensive (my landlord's problem) and drawn out (my problem) but turns out I just needed some Glug and a good and thorough caulking (no news to anyone there, eh?)

I woke up this morning and my first thought was "dear god, i need to lay off the booze. fuck, where's my water. and *what* the hell am i wearing" but immediately after that I thought "yay the plumber is coming. please send me a handsome plumber, who wears a belt and *not* one of those big fat guys with 8 inches of crack hanging out" turns out, I must have mumbled that last bit because I got one of each, which is a perfectly acceptable compromise. The younger guy was hot and quiet, umm hello Perfect how are you ? Shhhhh, just smile. yeah.... and the older guy was a total townie and he was a riot and very chatty, and also compared himself to Earl from My Name is Earl. How can you not like this guy? Especially when he told me he has a 3 legged pitbull, and he loved Star. PLUS he fixed my shower. Go plumber man, it's my birthday...well not really but you get it. Honestly, if I weren't so superficial, I'd probably marry the guy.

Anyhow, I'm sure all of you out there are thinking "wow. uhhh great story" Whatever, you can't phase me right now. I'm sitting down to a delicious late breakfast of leftover meatloaf from dinner last night, with a freshly rehydrated packet of mushroom gravy poured on top. I know this is what my stomach needs. I'm also not at the hospital today. I was thinking now that the plumbers have gone that I could try to get down there and catch half a days work, but I can't shower for 8 hours at least. Darn! I was SO looking forward to it.

Anyhow, so as not to make the time you just spend reading my drivel a total loss, here's a new word of the day from Feb, courtesy MW.com (I love them!)

star-chamber • \STAR-CHAIM-ber\ • adjective
: characterized by secrecy and often being irresponsibly arbitrary and oppressive
I think they forgot the noun form of the verb, which is of course
:the place where the oppression takes place.

(see illustration and below and also a completely unrelated picture of the oppressee being further oppressed by not getting the steak she is trying to jedi mind trick ichiro into dropping)



Jedi or Bene Gesserit? You decide...whatever it is, bitch needs to practice more, this steak is delicious!


(ok well I can't find the picture of the oppression chamber, so here's instead a picture of the nefarious oppressor. Will find or recreate the jail pic later, promise.)


"My bitch better have my money, come rain, come sleet, come snow..."
All I'm missing is my pencil thin villain 'stache.

1 comment:

The Great Explorer said...

If I thought half as much out of the shower as I do in, I would have a brain the size of my truck. Showers are a wonderful thing and should be celebrated. Maybe there should be a holiday that you stay in the shower all day. Okay, you'd need to take breaks when the hot water ran out but that's cool... oh warm liquid goodness on my skin you make me feel so fresh!!!